News About the Boys in the U.S. Army and Navy September 21, 1944

News About the Boys in the U.S. Army and Navy

NisquallyValley News   September 21, 1944

 Dick Kittleman, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ben Kittleman, is spending a delayed dating enroute to his new post at Fort Lewis with is parents and his sister, Mrs. George McNett and also visiting relatives in Seattle and Tacoma.

 Pfc. Wilbur Lott has been transferred from Livermore, California, where he was in the Veteran’s Hospital, to Camp Barkeley, Texas, where he is in a training battalion. When he arrived at Camp Barkeley he ran into Bobby Iverson, who is also stationed there and they had a good visit.

 Pvt. George McNett returned home on Friday after completing his basic training at Camp Roberts, Cal. He will report back to Fort Ord next Wednesday. McNett is the son of Mr. and Mrs. William McNett and the husband of MRs. June MeNett, former Miss Jane Kittleman.

 Bkr. 2c Bob Moon called his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Virgil Moon, from Oakland, California where he had just arrived after nine months in the South Pacific. Bob has been in a naval hospital recovering from injuries received in action.

 Gunner’s Mate 3c Bill Needles, a former resident of Yelm, is on leave at the home of his parents, Dr. and Mrs. A. S. Needles, of Hiawatha, Utah. Bill has been on active duty in the Atlantic and has not been home for two years. He is a graduate of the Yelm High School with the class of 1942.

 AOM2c Vernon Schneider wrote to his parents, Mr. and Mrs. M. H. Schneider, that he has met AOM1c Bob Schultz in the Hawaiian Islands.

 Mr. and Mrs. J. D. Storye have received word of the death of their son, William, in an accident at Ft. Knox.

 Mr. and Mrs. Frank Wells expect their son, Victor, home on furlough in the near future. Victor has been with the Army in Australia for the past two years.

 Ted Isom, Quartermaster 3rd class, son of Mr. and Mrs. Otto Isom, ho has been home for the past two weeks on leave, after spending two years away from home, a good part of the time in the South Pacific, left on Monday for his return to duty with the Navy.

 Jack Kelly, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ed Kelly, is in the hospital suffering from a broken ankle.

 Raymond Benson, S1c, visited for a few days with his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Oscar Benson, while his ship was in Bremerton.

 Sgt. Russ Eide writes that he has moved from New Guinea to one of the near islands-is in fine health and is busy “keeping them flying.”

 Alvin Noble, who has recently been promoted to a ______ first class, of North Bend, Oregon, visited with is parents, Mr. and Mrs. Frank Noble, for a few days last week. He is a bombardier on a bomber, and will go to California some time in the near future for further training.

 Cpl. Archer Marshall, of the Army Transport Service, made a surprise visit on his wife, the former Miss Beverly Brown, and his mother, Mrs. Florence Marshall, on Wednesday. Archer has been in the South Pacific with a medical detachment and while there visited with RM3c Don Miller, who is in New Caledonia. Archer expects to be home until July 29th.

 Radio Man 3c Verne Himrich, of the Armed Guard Center, in New York, is recovering from a recent operation.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *