There is a small amount of documentary evidence of the Smith school. The district was located on the western side of Lake Lawrence. State archives have yielded a list of teachers from 1891-1899. In July 1901 districts #41 and French #34 were combined to form the new “French” district, #69.
There is a 1908 timber cruiser’s map of this area which includes a school located at its southern edge. The schoolhouse is located at the southern edge of the map.
This may have been the Smith Prairie School. There is also a good chance that this school was known by several other names during its lifetime.