There is little information about the Willow Lawn district. Records show that J. C. Conine taught there in 1891, later serving on the board of directors. In a 1992 letter, Dallas and Marguerite Edwards wrote that Willow Lawn was built on property donated by James Longmire. More specifically, they placed the building in the area near the Five Corners intersection and Yelm Creek, east of town. It seems more likely that they meant Four Corners which would have been closer to the original Longmire farm and within the boundaries of the Willow Lawn District #40.
School Districts – The Old Fashioned Way – The location of Willow Lawn among the districts of the area.